Emery has had a cold and a cough the past few nights. Last night he was coughing quite a bit in bed but would fall back asleep without crying. At 3 am I heard his cry so I went in to give him his pacifier. When I stepped next to the crib my foot landed smack dab in the middle of vomit! Yuck! Then the smell came...gross! Poor Emery! I turned on his bedside light and hollered for Patrick to help me. I had to clean up Emery and Patrick scrubbed the floor, stripped the bed, and vacuumed. Then I had to start a load of laundry right away and remake his bed. Lovely. We were up for about 45 minutes trying to clean everything! Luckily once it was all clean we calmed Em down for a bit and put him back to bed without much fuss. The only thing we can think of is that he was coughing so hard he threw up! It took all we both had not to throw up ourselves after smelling and seeing it. Now I know just how hard some things are as a parent!
So far it's feeling better today. He's had a few nasty diapers, which makes me think it was something he ate yesterday instead of just the cough. I think I'm going to put him on the BRAT diet for a few meals to help him out.
Tomorrow I go back to work after two weeks off. We have lots to get done around here today (laundry, cleaning, preparing for work, etc.) so I hope Emery is able to take a decent nap this afternoon!
Happy Sunday!


1 comment:
Yuck, poor girl! I know it wasn't fun for the rest of the family either.
Post a Comment