Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

It's official...only 4 weeks until my due date...28 days to be exact! Patrick & I are counting down the days, as we have been for awhile, but now it's just getting closer by the minute. Several people think this Little Man of ours might come a little early, and that I can only hope for! If not, I know my patience will be tested...but good things are always worth the wait. Starting a couple weeks ago I've been slowing down, running out of energy, feeling uncomfortable in about every position, and looking forward to the big day with great anticipation.

The anticipation was shared by our family over the past few days as we celebrated a wonderful Christmas back home with both Patrick's parents & brother and my parents & brother.

Eric flew in almost 24 hours behind schedule due to a canceled flight from New York to Chicago on the 22nd. He ended up arriving in Kansas City the afternoon of the 23rd, and my dad was there to pick him up just in time. Although we lost out on a day with him, we are so happy he was able to get here despite the horrible weather Chicago had while he was flying in!

Christmas Eve morning Patrick, Eric, and Dad spent the morning shooting blue rock. They had a great time. I'm not surprised they went through an entire box of 90 blue rock! Check out this great photo of them before they left. Of course, while they were gone, mom and I enjoyed baking some cookies for them to enjoy when they got home!
That afternoon, we went to Patrick's aunt's house and had dinner with his grandparents, aunts, uncles, and a few cousins. It was great to see them and spend some time with them before the little man arrives. We opened gifts, laughed a lot, and took some great photos.


That evening, we opened gifts with Willie, Mary Sue, and Jake and then all went to 11 PM Christmas Mass at church. I was exhausted by the time we got to church, but it was a beautiful service and very special to go with both of our families!

Christmas day we woke up late and had breakfast with my family and then opened gifts together. We spent some time with Patrick's family, too, and then ate dinner with mine before we left to come back to Wichita. We really had an enjoyable time and got some wonderful, heartfelt gifts.
This whole week I've been thinking about how this was our last Christmas as a couple and next year we'll be a family. It makes me excited for a few years from now when the Little Man can wake up to gifts from Santa under our Christmas tree just as we used to do when we were kids. To see his look of excitement leaving cookies and milk out the night before, waking us up before the sun comes up, and watching him as he enjoys the magic of the season. I can't wait.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, too!

1 comment:

marysue said...

Great pics Jenn! Thanks for taking them. Next year there will be a new face in the middle of them! Somehow I don't think you'll make it till the 23rd. Do you?