Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Almost Full Term!

Today was our first appointment with Dr. Whiddon. He's the doctor that will be seeing us this last month and also will be doing the delivery. He said things are looking good and the only possible concern would be if my blood pressure increases as these last few weeks go by. If that's the case, and it stays high, then there's a chance I won't get to deliver at the Birthcare Center. But, he said right now it looks good and there's nothing to worry about. The little man's heartbeat was 147 bpm today. I never get sick of that sound when we get to hear it :)

We have 3 days until we hit 37 weeks, which is considered Full Term! 3 days! The little man could decide to come at any time, or he may just test my patience and hang around up until or after my due date. Either way, like I've been saying, good things are worth the wait. Besides, how long can it take for 3 weeks to go by anyway?! :) I'm sure it will feel like an eternity if we're still waiting on January 23rd!

We don't have big plans for New Years, but that's the way we like it. We may go see a movie and get something to eat. Patrick has Jan 1st off, so that's a treat. Then, Friday afternoon, Mom plans to come down to help me get some more things done around here including taking down the Christmas decorations. That will be a big help.

Until later, Happy New Year everyone! Be safe!

1 comment:

LaurenKirby said...

I cannot believe you have 3 weeks left!! I was thinking about you on the way to work this morning!! I hope you're doing well!! Call this weekend, if you're free!