Well, we're starting the dreaded Time Outs. We typically don't have much trouble with Emery, but on occasion he likes to throw things or get into things he knows he isn't supposed to...what toddler doesn't?! So, Patrick & I figured it was time to introduce a Time Out mat. We've had it for a week and he's only had to do two Time Outs so far. Once was for throwing his blocks after I'd asked him twice not to do it and once was for splashing in Red's water dish after I'd told him twice not to do it. We're going to go with the three times and your out rule and see how it goes. The first time we'll tell him not to do it again, the second time tell him that if he does it again he gets a Time Out and the third time give him a Time Out. At this point the Time Outs are only going to last a minute...I read somewhere that you should do one minute per year of age, so we're going with that. Here's a glimpse at his cute Time Out mat that hopefully he won't have to use very much! :) Keep your fingers crossed!


No comments:
Post a Comment