Sunday, July 18, 2010

Nap Time

Well, it's nap time. Emery and Patrick are both snoozing. I might consider taking a nap as well, but right now I'm busy working on Emery's scrapbook. It's almost finished...the end is in sight...and I can't wait! It's turned out to be a great "baby book" for his first year. If I remember, I'll post photos when I get it all the way done!

In other news, Emery's been talking a lot lately! He's been trying to repeat things we say, which has been very fun! He loves saying "Aww Man!" "Oh no!" and "Alllright!" This last week he said Turtle and Zoo for the first time, among others, I'm sure. Those are just the two I remember right now! He's also becoming more interested in helping. He gets his towel for his bath, helps daddy unload the dishwasher, and loves throwing trash away. He has even figured out how to close the blinds on the living room window. I've noticed that he's getting much taller and can now reach many things we thought were out of reach before. He can pull off books from the "Mommy & Daddy only" shelf on his bookcase, he can grab hold of door knobs (I'm waiting for the day he turns one...I fear it's closer than we hope!), get his cup off the kitchen table, and open drawers. Last week he went one step farther than just opening the toilet to look in--he threw my hair brush inside. Of course that followed with a trip to Target to replace it. Too bad I hadn't started the Time Out mat yet! We've also noticed that we're having to start spelling a few things so he doesn't know what we are talking about. Two that come to mind are "Bath" and "Snack." If we aren't planning on putting him in the bath tub right at the moment we say the word, we better be real quick or he's not a happy camper!

It's so fun watching him grow and change and learn every day. Next week he'll be turning 1 1/2 (18 months old). We'll be headed to the doctor for his check up and shots. We haven't been since he turned 1. I'll be sure to post an update of how it goes!

This summer has gone by so fast and we've had so much fun. We still have 3 weeks left before school starts up and I have to go back to work. We'll be sure to pack it full of more fun. Well, better get back to scrapbooking!
Jenn

1 comment:

Maria said...

He is adorable! Love the faux-hawk and monster shirt, tee hee!