Friday, February 19, 2010

Weekend

We are enjoying a nice weekend with a few special visitors! Emery's Uncle Jake, Patrick's brother, came to spend a few days with us and my good friend Krysta flew in to see family and friends from Los Angeles. She'll be here for a week. We had a nice day today, spent Emery's afternoon nap just lounging on the couch and catching up (in person!!). Technology is wonderful...blogging, texting, phone calls, email, etc. but sometimes there is just nothing like a nice face-to-face conversation with a friend! Tonight we're just hanging out with Jake and tomorrow we have plans to have lunch all together and do a little shopping...but overall, just enjoy a nice relaxing weekend. We're supposed to get some snow but I really hope the weather man is wrong ;)

Sorry I didn't post all week...it was really busy at work and Emery has been battling his first diaper rash. He's been going through a rough time with teething...had the fever I mentioned on here last weekend, was better for a few days and then had a bad case of the runs on Wednesday and Thursday, which left him with a really sore bottom. Luckily we started treating it really good before it got too bad. He's had several warm water baths, lots of cream, and warm wash cloths instead of wipes to help clear it up. I also limited his meals for the last two days to all bland foods--lots of yogurt, bananas, toast, etc. It is looking better and luckily he didn't have any diarrhea today. I know that helped. Not the greatest topic in the world to talk about, but, this blog is all about Emery growing and changing...and going through this is all a part of that! Hopefully tomorrow is even better.

Have a great weekend...we are looking forward to not doing much of anything! :)

No comments: