Monday, February 8, 2010

SNOW DAY!!!!!

This morning at 5:15 AM our phone rang. Usually you don't like when you get calls that early, but in this case, I knew it meant school had been canceled and I was getting the automated call from the school district! Yes!

So, today, while the beautiful snow lay on the ground, Emery and I are going to hang out together and lounge around the house! I'm feeling pretty lucky! Of course, we may get a few loads of laundry in and maybe if I'm lucky I'll get my butt in gear and work on his scrapbook while he's napping.

We had a fun super bowl party with our friends Dawn, Casey, and Kenzie last night. Emery pretty much walked the entire time they were here! I wonder if it was because Kenzie was walking everywhere (she'll be 2 next week)?? Either way, we were really impressed! It was fun to watch the Saints win, too! And eat yummy football party food. :)

We had a great weekend. Patrick and I got the taxes done on Saturday and we are really excited with our return...thanks to having a baby in 2009! We are thinking about using some of the money to take a trip for our 5th anniversary this fall. Humm...maybe Jamaica??! :) We've been dreaming about going there some day...laying in a hammock, sipping a drink, relaxing on the beach! Sounds lovely!!

A few updated things going on with Emery:
-He has moved up to the next size of pajamas, so he got to wear his new gorilla pjs this weekend! (see photo below)
-He has been whining and crying a lot more to be held. I'm not sure if it's the separation anxiety that he has a little bit when we leave him (at YMCA KidZone is where I've noticed this), him just getting older and wanting his way (this is what I'm thinking), or maybe the teething, or just being overtired from all this walking practice
-We're working on not letting him always get his way right when he wants it. It's hard not to just pick him up with the slightest fuss, but I know that's not good for him!
-He has been walking a lot more lately! He will walk across the room like it's nothing! But, he's still crawling and cruising on furniture, so he's not walking 100% yet. The day he goes the whole day without crawling is the day I say he's 100%! :)
-He has been a lot more cuddly lately. When he starts getting tired he lays his head on your shoulder or wants to snuggle. He also loves kisses. He'll lean in to get a kiss from you (he likes them on his forehead) or he'll give you a big open mouth smack on the lips!
-He's still in love with his pacifier. We've been trying not to let him use it as much, but so far, not so good! We've talked about when we want to take it from him and we've decided that we're going to limit it to his crib (to use during naps and bedtime) but haven't set a date on when that will be yet. Maybe I'll give it a go over spring break?
-He loves doing BOY things...throwing, slamming, banging, you get the idea!
-He's been doing very, very good with whole milk and has been completely on sippy cups for a month now!
-We've been working a little on stacking blocks, putting toys away, and have been reading a lot of books lately (particularly the one word picture books that help him learn objects/colors/shapes/etc). We have a lot of work in these areas, but the fun is just beginning!
-When we say "telephone" or point to the picture of the phone in one of his books he will put his hand up to his ear to "talk."
-He loves "playing catch" rolling a ball back and forth or laughing at Daddy when he bounces a ball off the wall or couch.
-He is still pointing at everything to find out what it is. We have a very inquisitive little boy!

Here are a couple pictures we took this weekend!

Emery carrying a puzzle piece in his mouth.
Probably not very safe, but still funny!
Playing with his Sing Along Stage!

Whiny and fussy Emery...wanting to be held.
Our sweet little boy!
Walking in his gorilla pjs!
Smiling for Daddy!
Red thinks Emery's tent is his new dog bed!

Have a great week everyone!!