-First off, Child care. Yep..that dreaded word. We had to do it. We had to look for someone to watch Emery for when I go back to work (which is coming up much sooner than I'd like). I can't remember if I mentioned it in a previous blog (I think I did), but the lady I had talked to before Emery was born about watching him was unable to. So, I started the search again. With much thanks to my friend, Sherry, who sent out an email to all her teacher friends, and to God (whom I prayed to to find just the right person!!), I was about to get a good list of possible child care providers. I called several and set up appointments and Patrick, Emery and I went last week to two different homes. The first was a definite No. We thought that after leaving that house we'd be in for the long haul to find someone just right that we could trust. But, the second lady (her name is Shawndel) was wonderful. Her house was clean, she had tons of toys and baby items, a great fenced in backyard, and a really sweet daughter. She welcomed us in to her home and we sat and chatted for almost an hour. She showed us her child care registration, her first aid and CPR certifications, they kids' toy room, where they take naps, everything. Right now she watches 5 kids full time, and the youngest is 1 year old. I called Angie, the lady that referred Shawndel to me (through Sherry), and she had nothing but great things to say about her. Her daughter Sophie is 2 and loves Shawndel. Angie said Shawndel makes homemade meals for the kids, plays with them, had birthday parties for them, the whole bit. I feel like we got so lucky in finding her. And to top it off, she is very excited to watch Emery! On Monday I'm going over to her house while the kids are there so I can see it in action...and to fill out the paperwork. Although I'm nervous (and sad) to leave Emery with someone, I feel like he will be in good hands with Shawndel.
-Second, the biggest thing that happened since last week when I posted is Emery's Baptism! This included his first car trip, first visit to his grandparent's, and first time meeting several of his family members! It was a wonderful weekend in Osage City. Emery did really well, better than I thought he would...especially with how much he was handed around to everyone that wanted to hold him. We had a wonderful party before church on Saturday night, went to mass with lots of our family that came just for the occasion, and after mass Emery was baptized. He slept through the whole mass and then when it came time to change him into his baptism outfit he threw a fit and didn't want anything to do with it. He cried and cried. But, once the baptism started he settled down a bit and the celebration was beautiful. Fr. Rick & Emery's Godparents Eric & Kayla made it really special for us and at the end, to top it off, Emery's Uncle Jake played the song "Emery" for everyone. It was perfect. After the Baptism we went back to the church hall and had cake, ice cream, and opened gifts. Then on Sunday we spent a nice afternoon together with all of Emery's grandparents and both his uncles. The weather was beautiful so we all went on a walk...Emery's first walk in Osage! It was a really successful trip with lots of great memories!
Emery getting ready for his big Baptism Party!!
Emery with his Godparents, Kayla & Uncle Eric!
Emery's Great Grandma and Grandma made this quilt for him!
-And lastly, Emery's cousin Jack was born this week! Jack is my cousin Lauren's baby boy! We went through our pregnancies together, she was due only 8 weeks behind me, so I was anticipating Jack's arrival a great deal. Things didn't go quite as planned, as Lauren went in for a c-section on 3/17/09 (St. Patrick's Day!) because Jack was measuring so big. And believe it or not...he weighed in at a whopping 11 lbs and measured 23 inches long! A big chunk! But so cute! This weekend Emery and I are venturing out again for another trip, but this time to meet Jack! I can't wait for the boys to meet, as I know there will be many, many great memories for them in the years to come! Trust me, I'll post pictures next week for sure!!
Other than those exciting things, Emery continues to smile and coo more and more. He is really getting good at following things and is so alert and loves to look around. He's also getting a sleep pattern down pretty well. He's going to sleep around 10 PM and waking once during the middle of the night, usually around 2:30 and then will sleep until 6:30 or so and after eating again goes back to sleep for a couple more hours. Each day brings us all a bit closer to a schedule and getting things more figured out. We've come a long way in the past month!
We've gotten a few good videos recorded, so hopefully I'll be able to post them soon, too!
Until next time!
Love, Jenn (& Patrick & Emery) :)




No comments:
Post a Comment