Thursday, March 5, 2009
The big switch
It happened last night....Emery slept in his own room! No more cradle, he's made the switch to his big crib! I was hesitant and nervous for him to sleep in his room all by himself, but to be honest, having him in our room was more comfort for me than it was for him. Patrick and I agree Emery is the noisiest sleeper we've ever heard, and the night before last was extra-noisy. So, we decided if we all wanted to get better sleep at night, we'd make the switch. Patrick hooked up the baby monitor, I made sure his crib was comfy, and we laid him down & we all went to bed at 10 pm (after Em slept on my lap for an hour). I woke up to him crying at Midnight, so I got up and fed him and he fell right back to sleep. He didn't wake up again until 5 AM, the shift Patrick decided to take (thanks!), so he got a bottle and stayed up with dad for a bit then went back to sleep. I think having him in his own room is another step closer to us getting a set routine with our little man. We both feel good about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
He's getting so big Jenn.....can't beleive he's over a month old now! Congrats on the big switch! So hard for us parents to let go sometimes! :) Dannon
Aww!! Didn't hear about this earlier! But, how exciting!! Lots of big things in the past couple weeks! I'm so excited to meet him! Thanks for the talk earlier, definitely needed it! Love you!
Congrats on another new experience in parenthood, rather exciting...tell Emery hello!
Love you
Dad
Post a Comment