First thing's first...we had our very LAST doctor's appointment this morning! What a historic day...the end of one thing and the beginning of another! Dr. Whiddon is concerned about my blood pressure. It's the second week in a row it has been on the high side, so we've decided not to take any chances and officially set the induction date a day earlier than planned. If the little man hasn't come on his own (which the chances are slim), Patrick and I will be at the hospital at 5 PM on Sunday and will start the induction process. Which means, some time on Monday, Jan 26th, we'll have a baby! Although this means we have to compromise a few things we were hoping for (going to the Birthcare Center & trying for a natural labor), it also means we are keeping the health of the little man and myself the top priority. Yes, the wait these past few days has really been tough, but we are excited to have him here in less than a week.
Secondly, we got home in time to watch the Presidential Inauguration of Barack Obama this morning! How awesome. We are very excited to bring our baby into this world with our nation in the hands of our new leader. We're excited to see the progress and change over the course of his presidency. And have faith and hope he will be able to make great strides in a very positive direction for the country. Here are some fun pics we took while watching his speech!
The Little Man watching our new President of the USA!
Patrick wearing our Obama shirt today posing with our new President!


6 comments:
haha! i love that little man is so patriotic already! :) so stinking cute! i wore my shirt to work today :)
Yeah..that's really MY Obama shirt..it just doesn't fit me right now...so of course, Patrick got to wear it today!
Jenn, I wish you the BEST with your delivery of the little man, I am sure you are so anxious! I know I can't wait to see pictures of him! I think he is already showing that he has a stubborn side..he doesn't want to come out! =)
You should post one last belly pic! You made such a cute pregnany woman your entire pregnancy!
Thanks Stacey! I definitely think he's got a stubborn side...and unfortunately I think it comes from me more than Patrick!
If we don't have him until we go on Sunday we'll do one last picture that day at 40 weeks!
I hear you, both Eddy and I have a stubborn streak, so Madison is one very stubborn little girl! I practice a lot of deep breathing techniques when it comes to her being stubborn, lol =)
I think Obama and I make a good team in that picture=)
Post a Comment