Sunday, May 13, 2012

Monthly Update

Mother's Day 2012


I suppose it's time for my monthly update around here ;)  Actually, I've been carrying around a list of things I want to blog about, so we'll see how much I can get done while the kids nap today!  Why am I choosing today to blog instead of any other day, you ask?  It's MOTHER'S DAY!  And, a mother should get to do what she WANTS to do during nap time on her special day, right?  So, I choose blogging instead of laundry, folding clothes, cleaning house, etc.  I do need to pay some bills and get some letters ready to send, but I suppose the saying does hold true..."A mother's job is never done." :)

My blog to do list:
-Easter
-Tornado
-My birthday
-Elle's First Birthday
-Elle's 1 year Update
-House selling/buying update

See...that's a lot!  And, I didn't include the things I also really want to share on here (like the fun little art project we did for Mother's Day).

First up though, since it is Mother's Day, I'd just like to take a moment to give thanks to God for the blessings in my life that make me a mother.  While there are certainly challenging moments with a 1 and 3 year old (should I mention how stressful it was to sit in church for an hour by myself keeping Emery and Elle quiet and polite today?  No, I'll let you imagine how hard it was to keep calm under pressure!), the memorable moments certainly out weigh the challenges.  At least the challenges are forgettable for me and the fun, laughable and joyful times stick with me!  I feel blessed every day to have these two little beings in my life.  I cannot imagine my life any other way than with them in it.  Ever since I was a small child I have had a strong desire to be a mother, and today I am here to tell you that it is the proudest and most honorable title that exists.  At least from my point of view.  I think one of my very favorite times of day is when I am getting ready for bed at night and everyone is asleep accept me.  I sneak back in to Emery and Elle's room, cover them both back up, and spend just a few precious moments watching them sleep and remembering that even if I had moments of stress during the day, I am thankful that when all is said and done, these beautiful, amazing children are happy, healthy, safe, and most importantly, loved.  Life is so good.




1 comment:

LaurenKirby said...

couldn't agree more. Happy belated Mother's Day to one of the most amazing moms I know. Love you.