![]() |
| Rainbow Birthday shirt & tutu made by my friend Emily at Little Princess Gifts. (http://www.etsy.com/listing/97681171/rainbow-initial-shirt-or-onesie-and-tutu) |
Elle's Rainbow Birthday!
Months ago as I was searching the Internet, I came across a great idea to have a rainbow party. I decided it would be perfect for Elle's first birthday! I found all sorts of ideas, wrote them down and stored them away for later. As her big day approached, I ran to the Dollar Tree to stock up on items I would need (plates in every color, balloons in every color, etc). I was so excited to make her cake, put the decorations together, and best of all, have her wear her birthday outfit!!
The night of her birthday, after the kids were in bed, I talked Lauren, Reid, and Patrick in to helping me make a balloon banner to string up at her party. Here's a tip: you can't have much fun making one of these unless you enjoy a few Lime-a-Ritas in the process. :)
On the morning of the party, the guys stayed home with the kids while Lauren and I went to the party site early to set everything up. Mom & Dad and Mary Sue & Willie arrived a few minutes before the party started so I talked them in to helping with some last minute things...like getting the knot out of the balloon banner. Another note: Attach balloons to string AFTER you hang it at the party site. Saves time and energy! :)
Here is the party spread. I had so much fun making the rainbow themed goodies!
Sandwich fixings & rainbow napkins.
The rainbow cake & rainbow party favors (white chocolate dipped pretzels w/rainbow sprinkles!).
Famous Rainbow Cake...wait until you see the inside!
Rainbow striped jello! If it wasn't so humid outside these would have been excellent. They were fun to make and pretty to look at, but I suggest eating them in the air conditioning!
Individual veggie cups.
Rainbow fruit kabobs! Loved how these turned out and they were so fun to eat!
I love displaying my kids' birthday photo at their party. Here is Elle from her first birthday photo shoot, right next to her cake! :)
I framed her rainbow birthday invitation and had it on display at her party, too,
along with some wallet prints for guests to take. The photo propped up on the invite is me when I turned 1. We had Elle's photo taken in the same crocheted dress my mom, her sisters, and I (and some of my cousins) wore when we turned one. Elle is the third generation!
along with some wallet prints for guests to take. The photo propped up on the invite is me when I turned 1. We had Elle's photo taken in the same crocheted dress my mom, her sisters, and I (and some of my cousins) wore when we turned one. Elle is the third generation!
Rainbow ice cubes in clear cups with Sprite. I suggest waiting until the guests arrive to pour the drinks, as the ice cubes started to melt fast! These were still so neat though!!
Here we are with the birthday girl! I wish we could have gotten a family photo, but as you can see from the picture below, Emery had a hard time sitting still with so much room to run at the park!!
Three Generations--My mom, me, and Elle!
Here is the party spread with the balloon banner above!
Grandma Sue and Grandpa Willie
With her Godmother, Lauren
Time to eat!!
The birthday girl enjoying her party food.
Grandma and Grandpa Holthaus
With her Godparents, Lauren & Reid. I love the balloon banner as a backdrop!
Opening gifts...she loved the attention!
When she opened this caterpillar she sang and wiggled along with it. Priceless!!!
All the kids love present time!
Smash cake!! For her smash cake I made a tie dye cake.
At first she wasn't too impressed. What? You want me to get messy?!
I'd rather YOU eat it!
Oh, but it's pretty inside!
Maybe I will just try a bite.
This is pretty good.
Here, taste, it's delicious!
So glad she loved it after all! :) This is as messy as she got!!
Silly face!!!
It's time to cut the rainbow cake!!
So pretty!
I was so glad it turned out so well!
YUMMM!!
After cake & ice cream, the kids played on the playground while we cleaned up. Elle enjoyed some time with Grandpa! She loved the balloons!!
Emery had so much fun...look how hot and sweaty he got from playing!
Our birthday girl. So happy she had such a great day! <3




1 comment:
It was a wonderful party for a wonderful little girl.
Post a Comment