Yikes! I never thought we'd be saying that word so soon, but, sure enough, we've decided to take the potty training plunge. We're taking it slow, by just starting to introduce it to Emery first, and then as he nears his 2nd birthday we'll work more on actually getting him out of diapers and on to the potty full time.
Last Sunday we bought Em's potty seat and are you surprised it looks like a baseball?! He has sat on it once or twice each day since then, sometimes grunting a little and acting like he was going to the bathroom but never doing anything.
Then, yesterday, he actually went potty (#1)! At first he started crying and was scared. I think he thought he did something wrong. But, I cheered for him and told him "You did it!" and gave him a high five and we called Daddy at work and Emery told him "I did it!" This morning at daycare we told his daycare provider and she asked Emery if he went potty and he said again "I did it!"
This afternoon we tried again and he wanted nothing to do with it. We'll try again tonight and see what happens!
What fun we have in store...!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment