Saturday, September 4, 2010

1...2...3...4

You say "One," Emery says "Two," You say "Three," Emery says "Four!" It's a fun game we started playing recently! And while his counting is still a work in progress, Patrick and I were shocked when we found out he was learning to count! About a month ago we were in the car and all the sudden when I started counting something Emery finished it: "Nine, Ten." He didn't want to do it again when I tried to record it on my cell phone, but since then he's been "counting" a bit more. Usually he doesn't start it, I have to say "One," but then he almost always says "Two" and "Four." Sometimes he'll even do two numbers in a row, but most of the time it's every other one. Believe it or not, though, tonight while I was cleaning up after dinner he started counting the buttons on his diaper all by himself "two, three, four, five." He did it several times after we asked him to, but once again, he wouldn't do it when I tried to record him! This new game has been pretty fun and we plan to practice a lot more in the weeks to come!

Em also has two shapes down. Star & Circle. However, he doesn't call circles by their real name. He calls them "Bubbles." He often asks us to draw him some bubbles. :)

We've been trying to work a little on colors but he doesn't seem interested. He knows the color Red on occasion, but it's the only one he seems to care about. He says "blue" sometimes but I don't think he really knows what it is. :)

We have been so impressed with his vocabulary increase recently. It's like he just "got it" one day and has been repeating so many things and saying new words every day. Today we drove by our church and in the backseat I heard "Durch! Durch!" When I turned around he was pointing to the church! So cool. We are really enjoying watching and helping him learn!

We hope you have a great Labor Day weekend. Ours will be laid back, just the way we like it!

No comments: