Well, I have a couple minutes for a quick update!
Emery finally laid down for a nap right after lunch. He was dragging for the past hour but wouldn't take a nap so we waited until after lunch. I hope he sleeps two hours!! :)
I have a bunch to get done around here that somehow I am getting behind on. Laundry, groceries, paying bills, cleaning the house...it's hard when all your little man wants to do is play with you. Patrick has a half day today, so that will help!
Yesterday morning I checked the news online like I always do and saw that Sedgwick County had a new supply of H1N1 vaccines and they were opening up the rules on who could get one. The CDC now says that these people qualify:
- Healthcare workers
- People who live with or care for infants younger than six months
- Children age six months to four years old
- Children age 5 - 18 years with underlying medical conditions
- Pregnant womenSo, since Emery fit the bill, after work I loaded him up in the car and drove him to the East side of town where the vaccines are being administered. Patrick met us there and we waited in line and Emery got his shot. We really didn't have to wait as long as I thought we would. I was expecting a couple hours, but we were in and out in about 30-45 minutes. Dr. Coats at Emery's 9 month appointment strongly suggested that if the health dept. got vaccines in then I should take him to get one, so we did. So far no side effects, either, so that is good news.Well, I better get going. I need to eat lunch and still take a shower for the day!


No comments:
Post a Comment