Monday, November 9, 2009

PiCkY!

*Sigh*....that is Patrick and I's recent frustration with Emery's eating! The past few days he has been really picky! It's not like him at all. Usually he will eat whatever we give him and like it and want more. But, for some reason something has changed! We've been feeding him the meals that we've been eating (if it's something he can't eat very well then I'll put it through the little food processor). He has been very hesitant about it. He'll eat a few bites then stick his tongue out with all the food on it and it falls everywhere. Then he will rub his hands and arms all over his face so the food gets in his hair, eyes, and all over the chair and floor. We're trying to be very patient, but we also want him to eat well! Over the past few days I've taken away "sweet" foods, like fruits and yogurt until he's eaten the other foods like veggies, meat, and potatoes. That helps a little, because he's hungry when I feed him these foods, but he still doesn't really want to eat them! We've also noticed that he is really interested in feeding himself. He gets mad when we put a spoon to his mouth but will be happy to pick up pieces of cheese, bread, etc. off his high chair tray and eat them. I'm hoping this is just a phase. Surely he won't be a picky eater like his mom for the rest of his childhood, right?!

Emery,
When you read this someday when you learn to read, I just want you to know that I love you very much but that cleaning up food all over you and everything in the kitchen is getting old for your mommy and daddy!! :) We want our Emery that loves to eat everything back! Can you bring him back, please?
Love,
Your Mommy

2 comments:

marysue said...

I just remember my pediatrician saying that they go through different phases with food, to wait it out and their appetite will come back. It always does. Em's getting what he needs with nursing, I wouldn't worry about it. But I know it's a hassle.

Jenn said...

Thanks Mary Sue! Last night it was better. I know that he will go through phases and right now just seems to be one of them. He's getting more and more independent by the day! :)