Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Another update

Things have been going well around here...just busy! I officially started my new job last week with a couple days of orientation and then this past Monday was my first day at Wilbur. It was the first day I've seen all the teachers and staff and I must admit I'm a bit overwhelmed. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the job, meeting all the staff and getting to know them is the tough part. Especially when I came from a job where I really enjoyed the staff I worked with. But, over time it will come. They just have to learn that I'm committed to my job and I will do great at it. Once they can trust me, I think it will go well. I'm just not about negativity, so I don't want to get in to any of that!

So, Emery started up at daycare again. He went last week Thursday and Friday while I was at orientation and again on Monday. On Monday he slept for 2 hours there! What a good nap! He'll go again tomorrow and half of Friday while I'm at work. He seems to adjust quickly there, which I'm thankful for. Starting next week when all the kids in the district start back to school I'll be on my regular work schedule--All day Monday, Wednesday, and half day Thursday--Off on Tuesdays and Fridays. I can't wait for those off days to hang out with my little man!!

This past weekend Emery's Godmother (my cousin) Kayla came to hang out! We had a great time. We went to the YMCA Waterpark on Saturday, which Emery loved! He can't get enough of the water. Then Sunday was a lazy day, which we all needed....of course a trip to Marble Slab for some ice cream was in store, too! :)

Also, before I forget, we invested in a baby gate for the basement stairs. It's two-fold, really. We know Emery will be crawling soon and we don't want him to fall, but also, it's a good way to keep Red from going down in the basement or upstairs when we're downstairs. He tends to try and get in Emery's room when he's taking a nap! There is a picture below!

Lately Emery has really been trying to get up on all fours..but I think I've figured out that his big noggin is making the crawling thing a little more challenging..it's just so hard to lift up his big ole head! haha. He gets up but his head is still on the ground like he's going to do a handstand. I need to get some video of it because before long he'll be movin' and groovin'. Emery has also started saying the "G" sound..."Goo Goo Gaa Gaa Gee Gee"...Patrick and I both think "Dada" is going to be next. He's so close to saying it. Unfortunately, I haven't heard any "Mama's" or anything very close! But, that's okay...I'll take one for the team!

Speaking of "team"...Patrick has joined a coed softball team. Casey and Dawn, who have been friend's of ours for a few years are starting one up. Casey is organizing it all and Patrick is really excited. I'm happy for him. The first practice is tonight and then the first game is next Friday night the 21st. All the games are on Friday nights. Dawn isn't playing, as they have an 18 mth old little girl, Kenzie, so I'm sure she and I and the kiddos will be hanging out in the stands watching and cheering on our men!

Well, I'll close with some photos I haven't gotten posted yet. Besides, this is getting long and I'm pretty sure Emery is going to wake up from his nap soon!


My Godmother and me!
At the Waterpark...Emery loves the water!





A lazy Sunday!
Our new baby/dog gate :)
He's getting some strong legs (but they are still short! Check out those long pants!)!
We've found out that Emery LOVES bananas!
Hanging out in the exersaucer!
My happy baby boy!!
What a cutie!
Have a great rest of the week,
Jenn

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats again about the new job Jenn! It sounds like its going to be great! Hope you guys have a wonderful week. Send my love to the little man! :)

Sara Ott said...

Hi, Jennifer! It's Sara O. from Marshall. This blog is so sweet and darling. You are an awesome mom! I keep a blog too if you want to check it out: www.lifegetsinthewayofliving.blogspot.com.

Best!
Sara