Sunday, November 16, 2008

Nesting

I'm getting there...the Nesting phase! I wish I could just dig in on the nursery, but I'm trying to patiently wait for the crib and dresser before I begin anything too much. I walk in there a few times each day and look to see if there is anything I can do but I've already gotten all the clothes organized and hung, diapers stacked and ready to go, pretty much all I can do without the furniture. I may have to start hanging things on the walls even without the furniture...but I'm trying to hold off.

Today Mom and Dad came for a visit. We went to Babies R Us and Baby Depot and got a few things on our list we've needed to get: the second car seat base for Patrick's truck, the changing pad, mattress pad for the crib mattress, and a mattress for the playpen. It took some willpower not to get any crib sheets and fun things like that, but I know I need to wait until after my baby showers and then go and get what wasn't purchased as gifts. But, it didn't stop me from looking :) I'm really excited about this one....isn't it cute?! We also got some chocolate brown fabric to recover the upholstery on the glider we have. It will match the room better and I'm so glad we found it...on sale even!

In addition to getting the baby's room ready, yesterday we also cleaned the basement and purged a bunch of stuff and took it to Good Will. It felt good to clear some clutter. I know we can do some more of that, but for now it's a start. Things are finally all in place since we got our new carpet in August! Amazing how time flies and things just don't get done.

This week my brother is coming into town from NYC for my cousin's wedding this coming weekend. I'm excited to see him! The last time we saw him was in August for the last wedding in the family. We're going to be spoiled because he'll be back again for Christmas in just a month. I'm not complaining though :)

This week we also have another class at the Birthcare Center. Patrick and I have gone to a few classes and have a few more to go. We've already gone to Caring for Your Baby and a class for Breastfeeding and this week is a Carseat Safety class. The week later is a class just for new dads. Hopefully Patrick will enjoy it :) Then in December we'll have our actual Childbirth Prep classes.

Well, we reached 30 weeks this week. My cousin Lauren sort of scared me by saying it could be as soon as 6 weeks from now when the Little Man arrives. Wow..that's only 1 1/2 months away. I sure hope he doesn't come until that following month...I'm going to need that extra time...but we never can tell, can we? So...anyway, it means technically we're down to 10 weeks (2 1/2 months)..although I know it could be more or less than that. It's pretty exciting.

Hope you all had a great weekend and enjoy this coming week.
Jenn

1 comment:

Eric Holthaus said...

can't wait to see how cute the "nest" on Parkdale Ct. is getting!!