Friday, October 29, 2010

Fall Update

The fall weather has been so wonderful around here!  We have been enjoying it.  Unfortunately, Emery has been playing outside most often at daycare while I'm at work.  By the time I get home I'm just exhausted and prefer to hang out inside.  I think he's ok with that though, since he gets so much energy out at daycare!

On the days I'm at home, we have started attending the Maize Parents as Teachers (PAT) play group.  It is great!  Each week they have a different theme.  There are several moms and toddlers that attend, so we've enjoyed starting this.  We also still go to the library story time on Fridays, which we love, too.

Yesterday afternoon after naptime, Emery and I took off to Botanica, the Wichita Botanical Gardens for some fall photos and to enjoy the outdoors.  We had a great time.  We only wish Patrick could have been off work to spend the afternoon with us, too!  I've posted photos from our afternoon below!

This morning instead of going to story time, we went trick or treating for the very first time!  Emery has been practicing saying "Trick or Treat" and "Happy Halloween" so it was very fun to watch him.  The Maize PAT has a yearly Trick or Treat storytime at the Reflection Ridge Retirement Home.  There were well over 50 young children there with their mom/dad!  They listened to a few stories, sang and danced, and had fun looking at all of the other costumes.  Emery was the only Elmo in attendance.  After the stories and songs Emery got to carry his pumpkin around to all the folks in the retirement center and get candy and treats.  He caught on quickly to lift his pumpkin up so they could drop a treat in.  The first thing he chose to eat was a dumdum sucker and he kept saying "YUM!" while sucking on it. :)  I forgot my camera but another mom was nice enough to take some photos for me and she said she'd email them to me.  So, once I get them I'll have to post some!

This weekend we are taking off to spend some time with my mom's side of the family for my grandmother's 80th birthday.  Emery will be bringing his Elmo costume to wear for Halloween.  My brother, Eric, will be in town, too, so we are looking forward to getting together.

In pregnancy news, I'm a litle over 13 weeks along and feeling pretty great.  The nausea has seemed to subside but I'm still getting pretty tired in the evenings.  My belly is getting bigger, faster, this time around.  I feel like I'm about the size I was when I was 5 months pregnant with Emery!  But, at least that means my body knows what it's doing and is taking care of the little one!  We are very excited to expand our family.  My last appointment was this week and all was good.  The baby's heartbeat was 152.  We will be scheduling the big ultrasound after my appointment next month.  So, we will know if this little one is a boy or girl before Christmas!

Other than all of that news, we have really been enjoying Emery.  He loves saying new words all the time and repeats basically everything we say.  He is very interested in hearing new sounds and seeing new things and often says "You hear that?" or "You see that?"  One funny thing about him is that when he meets someone new the first thing he seems to do is point to his shoes and say "Shoe."  We aren't sure why, but it seems to be the ice breaker he's come up with on his own.  He likes to tell people who Mommy and Daddy are by pointing to us, too.  He is very full of energy and loves all things related to sports.  I'm pretty sure his "security blanket" is his little baseball bat that he carries everywhere with him.  He's still an excellent sleeper and will take a good 3 hour nap every day and sleeps 12+ hours every night.  We couldn't be more in love with our little guy, and every day just keeps getting better and better.

Enjoy the photos!













No comments: