Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

It's my first Mother's Day...and I'm feeling very blessed.  Blessed that God has given me not only an amazing husband but also, now, a wonderful son.  These past 3 1/2 months have been awesome.  Lots of sleepless nights and not-sure-what-to-do moments at first, but now that Emery's been around for a bit I've really gotten the hang of this Mommy thing.  In fact, I can't really remember life without him...or maybe I just don't want to!  

This morning I woke up to a letter from both Patrick and Emery laying on the changing table.  Along with a onesie that says "Mommy rules" and a gift card to Target.  Patrick also said in his letter he wants to help me with spring cleaning, since he knows that when we're home I'm usually busy taking care of Emery...that is something I won't turn down!  Emery also listed out all the things he wanted to thank me for doing for him.  Complete with singing to him, laughing with him, reading books to him, feeding him, and changing his diaper (just to name a few)...did he really say "singing with him?"  I must not be as bad of a singer as I thought I was!  haha.

Both sets of Emery's grandparents are coming today!  He will get to spend Mother's Day with his Mommy and both his Grandmas!  

I think today we're going to start a tradition of painting Emery's hand and footprints.  Each Mother's Day we can do it and watch as he grows.  Hopefully we'll get some good photos and I'll post them here for you to see!

Happy Mother's Day!  
Love,
Jenn

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Happy Mother's Day Jenn! The first one is always so memorable!

It sounds like you had a great day!

Jenn said...

Thanks Stacey! Happy belated Mother's Day to you, too!