Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Busy Bags

Another AWESOME thing I've discovered on Pintrest is these little toddler gems called "Busy Bags."  There are so many awesome ideas, and the idea is to stimulate your toddlers intellectually with these small activities that are easy to store, transport, and use.  They are good to take to the doctor when having to wait in the waiting room, good to do when you are trying to make dinner, or just good to work on when you feel like the TV has been on too much! 

Eight of my friends from online have put together a Busy Bag swap.  I can't wait to get the other ones that will be coming in the mail soon for Emery and Elle.  Here is what I am working on for these moms to share with their toddlers:

(Photo taken from the link above)

So, after working on these for awhile, a few of my Mommy friends from Parents as Teachers decided it would be fun to get together for a Mommy's Night Out and make some of these bags for our kids!  Awesome!  I thought it was a wonderful idea.  This past Sunday four of us got together and started working on them.  Between chatting, drinking some wine, and working on these...we didn't get quite as far along as we thought we would...so darn it, we'll have to schedule another Mommy's Night Out! lol!

Here is the project I am doing for these Moms and their toddlers:

(Photo taken from the link above)

Can anyone guess where I got all the paint chips from?! ;)

These projects have been so fun, and I can't wait to get more for the kids!  Maybe if I have a chance, I'll post more about the activities we get and how the kids enjoy them!

No comments: