Friday, April 29, 2011

5 days left

39 Weeks

Well, our little lady's due date is only 5 days away.  May 4th will be here before we know it.  Will she come before then?  Will she come after then?  We're trying to patiently wait! 

Yesterday we had our 39 week appointment and there's a little progress but not a lot.  The baby's heartbeat is still great, my blood pressure is still great, so we just wait it out and see what happens!  Maybe she just thinks my belly is so cozy she has no interest in coming!  I went into labor with Emery on my due date though, so maybe that will happen again?  If for some reason she's not here by next Friday, May 6th, we have induction plans.  Luckily my doctor is on call that weekend!  So, she might be born on Mother's Day weekend...which I think would be kind of neat...although, I'd really love for her to come this weekend instead! :)  A little early is always better than a little late!  And a May Day baby would be kind of cool, too!

No matter what, time is ticking away and soon we'll be a family of four.  I started my maternity leave yesterday and plan to spend the rest of the time I have enjoying our little man.  I cannot believe he'll soon be a big brother!  Today we went to the library together and picked out some books about being a big brother and having a baby in the house.  I think he knows that soon baby sister will be joining us.  I know the transition will be a little difficult, but I also know that he will be an amazing big brother!

I'm feeling pretty darn good for being 5 days away from 40 weeks.  My hands and feet are swollen, my back has been hurting a bit, and I've been having trouble sleeping at night lately...but it's all manageable.  It could be so much worse!

Well, hopefully soon we'll be able to post some photos of the new baby girl joining our family and write all about her.  We can't wait!  I think this time we're more excited than anything!

No comments: