Our Little Lady is 27 weeks along! Time is flying by and in just 13 short weeks we'll be facing her due date. May 4th will be here before we know it! This week marks the week that the baby is actually 85% likely to survive without any troubles outside the womb. We've made it through the major parts and now she just needs to pump up and strengthen her lungs!
The best news is, I'm feeling great! If I remember, with Emery I was really starting to be miserable by this time in my pregnancy and with baby girl I feel really good still. No back aches yet, no swollen ankles, I can still sleep well, not getting up to go to the bathroom every hour at night, etc. I feel very very thankful she's being easy on me still, as it takes lots of energy to run around with a very busy and active toddler! I know over the next few weeks as she begins to get bigger and fill up the space in my belly more it will get tougher. I know soon I'll probably be miserable and ready for her to just get out already, but for now, I'm enjoying her kicks, rolls, and dare I say, my big ole belly?! :)
I've been doing more organizing and preparing for her but still have a ways to go. I have a stash of newborn cloth diapers started but need lots more to be able to diaper her as soon as I want to. I've organized the clothes I have so far for her and started tubs to store the bigger sizes. I've gotten my Boppy pillow ready for all of those feedings and made one of the two closets in Emery's room ready just for her. I still need to wash the baby girl clothes I have so far, but I'm waiting on that. I've found some pretty great sale items after Christmas, which I'm so thankful for. I need to figure out a better system for the dresser in the kids' room, as most of it is filled with Emery clothes and I know the little lady will need more than one drawer for all of her things! Also, Patrick and I need to decide how we're going to handle nighttime when she first comes home. I'm thinking since she'll be up so often there's no way we'll be able to put her straight in her crib as we originally discussed for baby #2 since she and Emery will be sharing a room. I just don't want to disrupt Emery's sleep with a crying baby if I don't have to. We'll get it figured out though! I'm so less stressed about bringing home a newborn this time around than I was with him!
One thing I am extremely thankful and blessed for is that my friend Dawn and my cousin Lauren have offered to host a small baby shower for me. I didn't think since this is my second child that I'd be lucky enough to have another shower, and since I don't need any big baby items really, I wasn't sure that one was necessary. But, Dawn told me that since I'm having a girl this time I must have a shower to celebrate. It will be in early March, so hopefully by then the snow will be gone and some family from out of town can come to celebrate with me! I'm looking forward to it, as it makes me feel like she's getting something special to honor her arrival, too! :)
Well, I think I'll leave you with this. Patrick told me the other night that we need to get a video of the remote dancing on my belly again like we did with Emery. To remind you, here's the video from when I was just about 30 weeks pregnant with him! It's amazing how much has changed since then (November 2008)! This was just shortly after we started the blog! We're truly blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment