Thursday, June 10, 2010

Daddy post.

It has been some time since I last contributed, can't tell you the last time. I am still loving every minute of being a Dad, seeing Emery change each and every day. What's amazing to me lately is just watching him watch shows on TV. He will sit there completely still and focus on each and every movement. He is starting to soak everything up. We have been teaching him that the only thing he can throw are balls. The other day he threw his sippy cup (nothing new), I told him 'we don't throw cups, only balls'. He then quickly picked up a golf ball lying close by and threw it at my head! I couldn't yell at the kid, he was just following my orders. There will no longer be any golf balls in his reach.

Another thing I have to be careful with is the music I listen to around him. The new Eminem cd will be coming out June 22nd, probably shouldn't be playing that around him. Lately I have been stuck on the B.O.B. cd. There is a song called 'Airplanes' that features Hayley from Paramore and also Eminem, good stuff. He sure does like to dance when I put some good music on. He has learned from the best :)

Emery is also starting to give hugs, this is really cool. I was never one for hugs (my mom and dad know about that), but when Em first gave me a true hug it was neat. He just needs to catch on to the 'I love you' part now. He is progressing very well and it's great to see him communicating and sharing his love with us more and more each day.


2 comments:

Janet said...

what an awesome "fathers' day" note for 2010!! you are a VERY good daddy!!!

Stacey said...

This is great! Kind of funny about the golf ball thing, but I am sure that did not feel so good! =( Yes, you will quickly learn that you have to be careful about everything you say, everything you watch, everything you listen to...they are like little parrots as they get older! Needless to say, thank goodness for "clean" versions of songs! Enjoy him, they grow so quickly! You guys are doing so great with him and it shows!

P.S. I love that Airplanes song too, good stuff!!!