Friday, September 18, 2009

Weekend Plans

We have a busy weekend ahead of us...already started, actually! My parents flew out to New York City today to spend the weekend with my brother. I'm sad we can't be there to enjoy the trip, too. But more than anything I'm glad they got to go. Hopefully soon we can make it that way! Maybe it will be Emery's first plane ride? It'd be fun to grow up and say the first airplane trip you ever took was to NYC! :)

Today Patrick worked a half day and came home and started the process of re-seeding out yard. We both hope it works well, especially him, because he's put a lot of time and energy into it!

Tonight we had another softball game. Patrick's team lost again. Their league seems to be pretty good...like tournament teams that have been playing together for years. It's not fair! :( We just want to enjoy a few wins...is that too much to ask?! But, overall, it's still nice for him to get out on the field and play. And Emery and I enjoy watching him!

Tomorrow my good friend Krysta will be back in town from LA. I can't believe it's been since March since I have seen her and she has seen Emery! Imagine what she'll think about how much he has changed!! I haven't even seen her since she got engaged in April! She's asked me to be her Matron of Honor (which I'm honored about!) for she and Vince's wedding in April. We're going dress shopping at 11 AM tomorrow.

In other wedding news, Patrick, Emery and I will also be going to my good college friend, Curtis' wedding tomorrow here in Wichita. I'm so happy he's found Kara to spend his life with. I can't wait to see them happy & in love tomorrow!

Sunday I'm hosting a bridal shower for Krysta at her grandma's home. I really hope she enjoys it and it turns out as planned. I get nervous about these sorts of things when I'm the one in charge...don't want anyone to be disappointed! I'll have to update on the outcome :) We've had a good 25+ ladies RSVP, so that's exciting for Krysta.

Busy weekend, as I mentioned. But it will be a good one. I'm so glad Patrick has off work so that he can help me out with Emery while all of this stuff is going on!

In Emery news, he is crawling all over the house now!! Today Patrick and I moved the coffee table out of the way so he can have the whole living room floor to play and move and spread out his toys. He's even pulling himself up to stand against the couch, our legs, almost anything he can grab on to he's attempting to stand against. I'm thinking soon we're going to have to lower his crib again. This boy just keeps learning new things so quickly. Patrick and I just talked today about how awesome it is to watch Em learn and practice new things. Guess we're pretty proud parents :)

Well, better get going. Need to get some rest!
Have a great weekend!
Jenn

1 comment:

LaurenKirby said...

Oh my gosh he's crawling!!! yay!!!!! Congrats Em! Hope to see you soon :)