Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Big Step...

Today was Emery's first day at Day Care. Tomorrow I go back to work. It was rough this morning. We were on schedule to drop him off, I stayed and hugged him for about 15 minutes...going over again what to do with the bottles, how he likes being wrapped in his blanket when he's fussy, etc. Emery was all smiles. He was so interested in the little kids that I don't think he noticed I left. I, on the other hand, had to fight back the big lump in my throat. I cried in the car as I left and went straight to see Patrick at work. He hooked me up with some mulch and new flowers and I spent the rest of the day updating our flower beds and enjoying the sunshine with Red. It was very therapeutic.

Shawndel, the daycare provider, called at 9 am just to tell me Emery was doing great. He was taking a nap at the time. I called her at 11 am to see how his first feeding went--just fine, she said. She even got him to burp half way through without fussing, which is a big feat.

It's 3:00 pm right now and I'm going to get him at 3:30. I can't wait to see him. I hope he smiles big when he sees me...I know he will. Well, at least I will when I see him!

In other news, Emery has slept through the night five out of the last six nights. He's been doing great. We put him to bed at 10:30 pm and he sleeps until I wake him up at 6:45 am! I hope day care doesn't mess with his sleep patterns. We'll just have to wait and see. If it does, we'll work with it and figure out what to do. I'm just afraid he won't get very many good naps in while all the kids are playing and making noise there.

Tomorrow I go back to work, like I said. I'm looking forward to getting back in the groove of things at Marshall and seeing the kids again but I am very sad about not spending the day with Emery every day. Now that I have a child of my own, I understand why the teachers bolt out the door to pick up their kids when school gets out! I think I may just start being one of them. Family is more important than any "extra" work I could get done after the bell rings.

Better run..I have a few bills to pay and then I'm going to pick up my son!

Jenn

1 comment:

Les said...

You and Em will do Fine!