Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Drive-In

This past weekend, Patrick and I decided it was time to take Emery to the Drive In for the first time.  We've been wanting to go for a long time, and believe it or not, I've lived here for ten years and have never been!  The weekend before we went to the Royals game and stayed up late and Emery surprisingly did very well.  So, we thought we'd have another late night and see how it went.



Saturday afternoon we packed up several blankets and pillows, popped some popcorn and packed a bag of other goodies.  That evening we headed out to the Starlight Drive In, parked our truck right in the perfect spot, set up a comfy bed in the back and waited for the movie to begin.  The Smurfs movie started at 8:20.  Emery enjoyed almost every moment :)  He was only mildly distracted by the fireflies, the stars, and airplanes in the sky!  And for the most part, he watched the movie.  Of course, if you ask him, I bet he'll say his favorite part was the popcorn.  I think he ate 3/4 of the bag all by himself!  Elle did fantastic, too!  She slept through almost the whole movie and didn't fuss once.




Of course, we could have stayed for the next couple movies (it's only $10/car for 3 movies!)...Cars 2 was showing right after The Smurfs, but we didn't want to stay out any later.  We loaded up the truck and in less than 5 minutes on the road, both kiddos were sound asleep.



It was a great night.  We had so much fun and it was a blast to see how excited Emery was.  I can't wait to go again!  I highly recommend going to the Drive In if you've never been!

No comments: