Monday, September 5, 2011

4 Months Already

It's hard to believe our Lil Miss Elle is 4 months old already!  Time is FLYING by.  Even faster than it did with Emery.  It seems like just yesterday she was born, and now she's already been apart of our lives for 4 months.  I asked Patrick a couple days ago if he remembered life with just one child, and honestly, it's becoming fuzzy.  Not the memories with Emery or anything, just what the ease of only one child was like! 
Elle is our Lil Sweet Cheeks. She is a total Mama's girl, but every single day Patrick can get her to grin the biggest grin and he never forgets to tell her how pretty it is. She's very smiley and has the sweetest little dimples. She is quite patient with her older brother and has become more and more observant and interested in the world around her. She loves playing with her rattles and laying under her activity mat. She's not a mover yet and is content to just lay on her back or be in someone's arms but is also starting to love her Bumbo and Exersaucer. She's quite a chunk, loves to eat, and has a secret love for her thumb when I let her. I could kiss her sweet baby cheeks all day long and she's brought so much joy to our little family.  It's so fun to hear Emery tell her that he loves her or that she's his best friend.  I cannot wait to keep seeing their relationship grow.


4 months stats:
Length at Birth:20"
Weight at Birth:9 lb 14.6 oz

Length at 4 months: 24 1/4 in (The resident measured her and didn't stretch her out enough, I know she's longer than this!!)
Weight at 4 months: 15 lb 6 oz (exactly 1 lb bigger than Emery at 4 mths!)
Head Circumference: 16.5
Percentiles if you know them: 88th for weight, 45th for length, 79th for head

How much/how often are they eating: Breastfeeds every 3 1/2 hours, about 5-6 times a day
Started solids yet? Nope. We've talked about it, but I don't know if I'm ready to start her or not. Maybe we'll start cereal in a few weeks.
Teeth yet?: None. She's a drool bug though! But, Emery didn't have teeth until later on, so I'm thinking the same for her.
Rolling over?: She can roll from tummy to back when she wants to, and will roll up on to her side when on her back but hasn't made the flip onto her tummy yet. She doesn't seem very motivated to want to roll! Perfectly content just laying on her back.
Sitting?: She folds right in half...So, no!
Sleeping through the night?: No, not entirely.  She has had a few nights of 8-9 hours in a row, but only one night that she didn't want her paci during that time.  I fear I'm starting a bad habit with giving her her paci when she fusses a bit, but it's so hard when you have kids that share a room!
Size of clothes: Mostly 6 month, some 6-9 and even some 12 mth shirts.

No comments: