This was taken the very last night Emery wore a diaper!
June 9, 2011 (Emery- 28 months old, Elle- 5 weeks old)
This is proof that we did in fact diaper two children at once. Even though it was only for a month, we still did it. And better yet, we potty trained--successfully--our 2 year old with a newborn in the house!!
Emery is doing awesome. He's been out of diapers during the day since June 1st and over night since June 9th. Since then, he has only had a couple (#2) accidents during the day and only ONE during the night. We are so very proud of him and how well he caught on to the potty training. He was definitely ready. He's doing so well that I don't even stress to go anywhere with him because he will tell us if he has to go and does a great job holding it until we get to the potty.
A friend of mine suggested I get a small travel potty seat for when we are in public places. This little seat has been very handy already, especially since Emery is such a tiny guy.
One funny thing since potty training Emery that Patrick and I think is cute, Emery always asks us to clap for him after he goes. It never fails, he'll say "Clap Mommy!" when he's finished, so, of course, I clap for him. Just today Patrick asked me, "I wonder how long we'll have to tell him 'Good job!'?" I don't think it will be much longer and he'll be able to do it all on his own without us there for help.
Our little boy is officially a big boy! There is nothing about him that is keeping him a "baby" or "toddler." It's sad, but not too sad...I'm enjoying not having to change so many diapers...Elle is keeping me busy enough with that!!


No comments:
Post a Comment