Friday, November 19, 2010

Recent favorite Emery phrases

Emery has been talking up a storm lately.  Anywhere we go people ask how old he is and then say, Wow, he speaks so well for not even being 2 yet!  He's started saying full sentences lately, which just cracks me up!  Patrick and I are loving it.  So, here are a few phrases that he's been saying a lot of lately...

"Look at me, Mom!" (when he's doing something funny that he wants me to see)
"Bless You!" (After someone sneezes)
"Help me up!" (or "Help you up!" when one of us is sitting on the floor)
"Hide with me!" (when we're playing  Peek a Boo)
"I wanna look!" or "I wanna see!"
"I hold it!" (Mostly used when he wants to hold his own banana)
"Are you hungry, too?" (Uncle Eric taught him this one!)
"Cut it up." (when i'm cutting up his food at meal times)
"Hand?" (which means, Will you hold my hand?)
"It's dark!" (going in to any room without a light on)
"Oh, wow!"
"Owwie Mommy!" (any time he thinks he's hurt....this one is already getting old!)
"Hey Mom!" (a constant when he wants my attention!)
"A kiss!" (when he wants to give us kisses)

A few other funny things he's said in the past few days:

When we were setting the table for dinner the other night I asked Patrick to get the salsa from the fridge and Emery said "I want salsa, too!"

We were getting out of the car to head in to a trip to Target and as we were walking up to the door he said "It's windy outside!"

Then today I asked him after his nap what he wanted for snack and he said "YOGURT!"  I love that he has actual opinions now...accept when he says "No No No" over and over! :)

More updates later...we're off to enjoy some pizza now!

No comments: