First of all, I wanted to post a few updates of the things going on in our lives. After that, I hope to get a post up about our 5th anniversary trip to Dallas, my Grandma's 80th birthday, and our recent trip to Arizona!
Emery Update:
You saw in my recent post all of the phrases and fun things Emery has been saying. He's talking up a storm and it's so fun. This week he has gotten "Happy Thanksgiving" down pat and had a blast telling cashiers at stores "Happy Thanksgiving" and all day today he loved telling us, too! I was able to record it on video, so if I can get it off our camera soon I'll post it :) Maybe that can be a goal this evening, too.
Emery recently battled a little staph infection in his diaper area. It came out of no where and luckily, we caught it right away and he got on antibiotics before it got bad. We were also given a cream to use on him for 10 days too. He's all cleared up now. Dr. Coats thinks maybe it happened when he scratched himself in the bathtub or something and then having bubble bath in the tub helped to infect him. Plus, you know how dirty little toddler hands can get...and quickly, too! So, now we've cut out the bubble bath and disposable wipes. We've started using cloth wipes, and surprisingly they are very easy. When we change a cloth diaper we just throw the cloth wipe in with the dirty diapers and I wash them all together. Patrick brought home a little spray bottle from work and we are using it to spray water on the wipes. The process seems to work pretty well. Patrick was funny when I told him we were going to try the switch since Emery was dealing with the infection and his response was "You can't take EVERYTHING easy away from me!" Ha! But, he's not complaining anymore. I must admit, we still use disposable wipes with dirty diapers and flush them...it's just a little easier that way :)
Anyway, while Emery had the infection, I stripped all of his cloth diapers. I washed them several times and used a little bleach to kill the bacteria. It was a bit of work, and I'm sure the water bill will show the difference this month, but, they are all nice and clean and seem brand new, now!
Other than that, our other big news with Emery is we have started the process of getting rid of his pacifier. His beloved "Paci" has been a very good thing to calm him at night right before bed and during his naptimes. We quit giving it to him during the day shortly after he turned 1, but he still gets it when he's in his crib. This week, since I'm home for 5 days from work, I decided it was a good time to dive in and get rid of it. I hope he doesn't hate me for it! Trust me, it's been hard! Today at nap time was the first time he got his paci with the tip cut off. He didn't like it and he let us know it by crying and fussing in his crib for 30 minutes before finally settling down and falling asleep. We'll see how tonight goes! After "Operation Bye Bye Paci" this week I'll update how it went! Successful, I hope!
Pregnancy Update:
Things are going very well with the pregnancy! I'm 17 weeks along and doing good. I have had a few uncomfortable headaches but I'm taking Tylenol to battle those and it seems to work pretty well. Sleep is getting a little harder too, but not too bad yet. My belly seems to be getting much bigger faster than with Emery. Even the nurse yesterday at my appointment commented "You're pretty big for 17 weeks!" Wow! At least I haven't gained a ton of weight yet...I'm sure it's coming though. But, you know what, it's worth it! Baby's heartbeat sounds good and I'm measuring on track. The best news though from yesterday's appointment is that we scheduled our ultrasound for next Friday, Dec. 3rd! We'll get to find out the baby's gender at the appointment and we couldn't be more excited! We'll finally see if this baby really is a girl like everyone has been saying! Either way, we are very blessed. We just need to say a few prayers that the ultrasound shows a healthy growing baby, because that's the most important thing!
We've been busy going on some trips lately and hosting Thanksgiving today. Hopefully we'll be able to relax a bit during the holidays and winter and spring will be a little more laid back.
Before I go, I thought it would be fun to post some comparision photos!
Here I am at 17 weeks pregnant with baby #2:
And here I am a little over 2 years ago at 17 weeks pregnant with Emery:
I think it's safe to say, the comments about being bigger this time around are true! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment