Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day

Hi everyone, it's me, Emery!

It's been awhile since I posted, but Mommy thought it might be better if I told you all how her 2nd Mother's Day went! :)

Daddy helped me write a really nice letter to Mommy for Mother's Day. On Saturday we gave it to her. I told her how Daddy and I brainstormed when we were in New York about what we could do that would be really special for her. First, Daddy suggested I go to a babysitter and he and Mommy go out to dinner together. Then, he figured Mommy would probably want to spend Mother's Day with her child, so he changed his mind (thank goodness!). We decided she'd really like a new flower garden in the front yard. She's been talking about those shrubs she doesn't like forever. So, we figured we'd do all the work and she could enjoy it! Daddy and I also decided she might like to pick where we eat for lunch that day, complete with him cutting up my food so she can just sit back and eat her meal. Excellent idea!

So, Saturday afternoon, Mommy and I headed to Daddy's work and she picked out some great plants! We got mulch, edging, soil, the whole bit. We woke up on Sunday morning and got to work. First Daddy took out the old shrubs, which we decided to transplant in the back yard. I got to play in the dirt and ride in the wheelbarrow! :) It was fun. Then while I was taking my morning nap Mommy and Daddy put all the edging in and got the soil ready.

We went to lunch at Pizza Hut since we were so dirty and yucky from working outside. But, that's what Mommy wanted. The cheese sticks were just what we needed after all that hard labor outside! :)

We came home and planted all of the plants for her. It really turned out awesome! She picked mostly purple plants, which I think look really nice. She loves it too and really appreciates all the hard work that Daddy and I put into it!

Here are some photos from the day! We all had a really nice day together!

(I know I'm silly!!)

Mommy's plants!
"Before"
Taking out the shrubs
Playing in the dirt...my favorite part!
Riding in the wheelbarrow! Wee!
See, I told you I helped, too!
Digging the trench for the edging.
Putting in the edging.
Half way planted!
And it's finished!
Pretty nice if you ask me!
The Mother's Day tradition continues.
I was 3 1/2 months old last year and 15 1/2 months old this year.
See how big I'm getting?!

We hope if you are a Mommy that you had a great Mother's Day, too!
I need to get on here and do some more posts...I forgot how much fun this is! :)
Love, Emery

1 comment:

Stacey said...

That is so awesome and it looks great!!! Good job!!! Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day Jenn!