First of all..what has been keeping me busy? I got a new job! Beginning in August I will be a half time social worker for Wichita Public Schools and will be working at Wilbur Middle School 2 1/2 days a week. I am really excited about this opportunity primarily because I will have half my time at home with Emery but also because it is really going to be a step in the right direction for my social work career. I feel so lucky this has fallen into my lap at the right time and place in my life! Although I will miss Communities In Schools and Marshall Middle School--and will always
have a place in my heart for the kids and families I worked with--this new job is going to be great!
We've also been busy with the daily happenings of parenthood and summertime. Emery got to spend a few hours with Daddy the other night while I went to my friend's bachelorette party. Here's what they did:
Looks pretty great if you ask me!! :)
Emery has also been trying to be mobile! He's been sticking his butt in the air and trying to push forward....it's only a matter of time and then we will really have to baby-proof our house! Oh dear!
Emery has also been eating Sweet Potatoes and Green Beans! So far I think he favorite have been the Green Beans! Next on the list is Carrots and Peas..then we go to fruits!
Yummy Green Bean face!

Daddy feeding Em some Sweet Potatoes!
Another major event in our house...Emery's bed is no longer on the infant setting! With all this scooting and moving around we were starting to get afraid he'd find a way to fall out of his bed, so we lowered it down on Sunday night. He is really sleeping good lately..typically he cries for a bit during the middle of the night but it only lasts for a minute or so and then he falls back asleep. Sometimes he'll cry around 5 AM and I'll give him his pacifier and that puts him back to sleep until 6:30 or 6:45 when he gets up to eat. I'll feed him and then he goes back down until usually 8:30 or 9 AM. We've found he loves to sleep on his side and belly now...the second we lay him down on his back he rolls to one side or all the way over and falls asleep! Whatever makes you comfy! :)
Still no teeth...but I'm afraid it might be awhile. I looked up in my baby book and I didn't get my first tooth until I was 10 months old. He could show signs of teething for awhile, but we're managing it with teething tablets and tylenol when needed.
Other than all these updates, he's been sitting up SO GOOD! Like a big boy! We can sit him on the floor to play now instead of laying him on his back. He loves it! He'll balance himself with his arms and can even sit back up if he "folds over" forward. He sat for several minutes with us the other night while we played. We'll have to get a good video to post here. But for now, I'll leave you with a great shot I got yesterday when he was hanging out with me in his overalls!
We're headed out of town for a couple days for Emery's first Royals game and family vacation! But before that we are going to get his 6 month photos taken and then we'll post an update when we return!
Hope you all are doing well!
Jenn


3 comments:
He is getting so big! I like his fuzzy hair! He is always so happy and smiling, I love it! Congrats Jenn on your new job, that is so great-I know you are so happy that you will be able to be home with Emery half time-yay!
Always great pics and videos. I especially love the one where Emery is doing some funky push-ups! He's changing by the hour isn't he?
Thanks Stacey! I'm really excited!
Thanks Mary Sue :) It does look like funky push ups! haha!
Post a Comment