Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Children's Garden

I've been wanting to write this post for a week now, but just getting to it.  It's been yet another busy week, and I always set high expectations for myself but tend not to get everything done (including blogging).  I'm sad that I've only been able to post once every couple weeks, but things really are just busier with two kiddos.  When I'm home I'm doing laundry, feeding Elle, going somewhere fun with the kids and/or just taking care of them.  Extra things that I want to do just seem to get crossed off my list less frequently.  On Saturday I didn't get to cross anything of my to-do list until 6 pm!  I'm not going to complain though, because it means I'm blessed to be home with my babies and out doing fun stuff with them is more exciting then sitting at home anyway.

On to the post I wanted to write early this week.

Botanica, here in Wichita, opened a brand new children's garden this summer.  I've been wanting to take Emery since it opened and we finally took the opportunity to go last Sunday.  It was better than I ever envisioned it would be!  So many awesome things for kids to do.  Watering plants, playing in the coolest playhouse, climbing in a giant tree house, sitting on huge lady bugs...just all kinds of fun things!  It's almost like a magical little land for kids!

Emery had a blast, and Elle enjoyed the outdoors too.  We also really enjoyed the butterfly garden and watching them flutter all around.  Here are our photos from the day.  I wish we could have spent even more time there!  We hope to go back again soon!

Right as we walked in Botanica we saw this beautiful butterfly!

Daddy and Emery looking at the fish.

Snoozin' in the beautiful weather.

The entrance to the children's garden.



What a neat fountain (accept Emery leaned up against it and got SOAKED!  Good thing Mommy had extra clothes with us!).

Filling up his watering can.

Playing in the awesome play house.  My dream play house as a child!

Elle enjoying the views.

Cookin'

My little chef.

Watering plants again.





In the butterfly garden...








It was Elle's favorite part of the day!

We had a great afternoon together!!


We're so blessed!

No comments: