Saturday, August 20, 2011

Back to School

This time of year always means it's time for me to get back in the groove of working again!  I feel so lucky to have the summers off, especially now that I have children to enjoy my time with.  It was especially hard this year though, with Elle going to daycare for the first time.  It's very hard to think about someone else taking care of her while she's still so young.  It rips at my heartstrings, and I must admit, that first day I cried on the way to work.  But, she's doing well and Emery is obviously having a great time with his friends at daycare again...so that helps.

Work is going well!  I am excited for this year.  Last school year I was pregnant for the entire year, so I was either not feeling well, very tired, or huge and uncomfortable!  This year I won't have any of that to deal with :)

My schedule is a bit different this semester to accommodate daycare positions for Emery and Elle.  I'm working half days on Mondays and then full days on Thursday and Fridays.  Patrick's work schedule has changed a bit too with some management changes, and he now has to close on Mondays, which means he goes in to work at Noon, when I get home from work.  So, with this change we have decided to keep the kids at home on Mondays and split the duties.  So, Emery and Elle are only going to daycare on Thursdays and Fridays.  It's working out pretty nicely and giving Daddy some time with Em and Elle by himself, which he doesn't get very often!!

I'd love to catch the blog up on all the things happening lately but I have just been so busy with life that it gets away from me.  I try to leave myself little notes about what I want to blog about, but they don't always make it.  I do continue to keep a written calendar of things Elle is doing each day and funny/awesome things Emery does and says.  For example, today I wrote in Emery's book that yesterday I was asking Elle "Can you say Ma Ma?" and out of no where he looked at Elle and in the sweetest voice said "Can you say Em-er-y?"  He is a wonderful big brother.  We are very very lucky.

Better run.  I have a baby to tend to and a toddler to play with!  Let me just leave with this photo I snapped today :)


No comments: