Let's break it down by week, so that I can recap what we've been up to!
Elle's first week:
Patrick was able to take over a week off work, which was awesome! Elle jumped right into our normal routine at home and without changing too much--accept getting up during the night and feeding her every 3 hours--things pretty much fell right back into how they were before she arrived. I think having Emery on a set nap, dinner, and bed time made our transition with Elle so much easier! Especially that first night at home, when Emery went to bed we went to bed too and ended up with over 8 hours of sleep that night (amazing for the first night home with a newborn!).
That week was beautiful outdoors. Patrick worked on painting the house some, our good friend Krysta was in town visiting from LA so she spent time at our house, and we went on our first walk as a family in the neighborhood.
Highlights from the first week:
-Watching Emery give Elle kisses on the forehead.
-Elle's first bath. She hated it! haha. She prefers to be bundled up tight and cozy and doesn't like being cold or wet!
-My first Mother's Day as a mom to two. Patrick and the kids gave me a gift card to Color Me Mine, a paint your own pottery studio. We're going to go there as a family soon and pick out something to paint together! I also received the nicest letter from them about what a wonderful mom I am! All 4 grandparents came for the day as well, so we enjoyed sitting around together celebrating with our 3 day old baby :)
-Elle's first "photo shoot." My friend Krysta helped me take photos of Elle for her birth announcements. I had a great time picking out the bows she would wear :)
-Elle's first doctor's appointment. At just 4 days old she checked out perfect and didn't loose any weight, in fact, she gained 1/2 an ounce and stretched out a bit longer. She weighed in at 9 lbs 15 oz and measured 20 1/4 inches long. She is in the 98th percentile.
-Emery showing off his baby sister to his daycare friends! He told all of them her name is Elle and was so proud!
Kissing his baby sister on our first full day at home
Mother's Day- 3 days old
First bath
My hospital baby photo w/Elle!
Family of four!
Big Brother sticker to wear to daycare!
Brother and Sister- 4 days old
Snoozin!
One week old
First walk :)
Elle's second week:
Patrick had two more days off work and went back on Sunday during her second week. This marked my first day home alone with the kids by myself and I was nervous! But, before he went back to work we went out to eat for the first time as a family on Friday at lunch to On the Border and we went to church for the first time on Saturday evening. Both were much easier than I anticipated they would be!
Highlights from the second week:
-Emery went to daycare on Monday and Elle and I had our first Mommy/Daughter day. We went to Wilbur (the school I work at) to see some coworkers and show Elle off. Everyone loved her of course :)
-Patrick was off work on Tuesday and we had a wonderful day as a family! We went out for a pancake breakfast and went to the zoo that afternoon! It was a beautiful day!!
-Elle's 2 week doctor's appointment. She checked out great and had gained 7 oz in just a week! She weighed in at 10 lbs 6 oz and still measured 20 1/4 inches. Still in the 98th percentile.
-Emery asked me this week if he could hold Elle. It was the first time he asked, and since then he has asked several more times.
-During breakfast ome day Emery told me "I love my Elle, Mom." It melted my heart.
-Sent out Elle's baby announcements!!
Photos from Elle's announcement
Sleeping Beauty
Headed to her first time at church
Chillin outside while Mommy hangs diapers on the line
Elle's first visit to the zoo
"I love my Elle."
"Can I hold her?"
Elle's third week:
The week started out a little rocky with a couple nights of Elle not sleeping very well. She kept me up most of the night one night and with Patrick having to work at 7 am the next day, I tried my best to let him sleep and not help. Two days later though, she surprised us and slept a 5 hour stretch! How nice :)
This week we experienced Elle's first severe storm. Thank goodness it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but it sure did have me worrying, especially after the tornadoes that hit Reading and Joplin.
Highlights from the third week:
-On Sunday we went to Riverside Park so Emery could play in the fountains. It was a beautiful day and he enjoyed getting wet and running around like a crazy kid! I enjoyed watching him and letting Daddy do the chasing!
-Elle started cooing a bit. It's so nice to hear something other than just cries. She's starting to be more alert for longer periods of time (but still LOVES to sleep most of the day).
-I took the kids on our first outing by myself. We went to story time at Borders and it was a success! Emery was well behaved and Elle slept in my Moby wrap the whole time. I was pretty proud of myself and hope the next time I attempt an outing it goes just as well!
Wide awake!
Swim suit on and ready for the fountains!
Running in the fountains!!!
Too much fun to dress up :)
We're looking forward to this Memorial Day weekend. My brother Eric is coming to visit and meet Elle for the first time! He's going to love her! :)
Elle has been a delight. She sleeps most of the day still and is only up to eat and has a few awakes times during the day. She's so laid back (most of the time) and seems to be pretty happy. She does have some cranky time in the evenings, but I remember that with Emery too, at this stage, and it won't last too long hopefully. She doesn't cry uncontrollably or for long periods of time, just has little outbursts that seem to be consoled pretty easily.
I am loving her rolly polly rolls, picking out outfits for her to wear each day, taking photos of her and Emery together, and using the small cloth diapers I bought for her before she was here! She only fit in newborn clothes and diapers for about a week and now wears 3 month size clothes quite comfortably and is in size 1 disposable and size small cloth diapers. I've been reminded of the increase in laundry with a newborn and I forgot about how much spit up babies produce, but it's honestly been a very easy adjustment and WAY less stressful than bringing Emery into our lives. Once you do it the first time, it's sort of like you're an old pro and don't get as stressed about things the second time around! :)
Hopefully I'll be back to post sooner rather than later. Before long she'll already be a month old. Time truly flies!!





No comments:
Post a Comment